Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Try Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program in a pool so you can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at a dive destination. While not a scuba certification course, Try Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. To sign up for a Try Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health. Are you ready to try it out?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional, where you’ll practice limited skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming on scuba in a pool.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
Scuba West will provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges, and a tank.