The Fun Part
You can typically stay down longer and get back the water sooner. No wonder many divers choose this as their very first specialty.
What You Learn
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
To purchase learning materials and equipment, contact SCUBA WEST.
Your Next Adventure
- Diving with enriched air nitrox benefits all types of diving, but it goes especially well with these specialties:
- PADI Wreck Diver course – Popular wrecks tend to be deeper, so enriched air nitrox maximizes your exploration time.
- PADI Deep Diver course – The deeper you dive, the shorter your no stop time – but enriched air nitrox increases it, giving your more time at depth
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer – Photographers usually like to make several dives so they can get lots of pictures. Enriched air nitrox reduces the amount of residual nitrogen you accumulate, allowing repetitive dives to be longer.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver The PADI Enriched Air Diver course counts toward your Master Scuba Diver rating — the highest non-professional rating in recreational diving.
What, Where, When How?
All certified divers are eligible for this course. This one evening program (approximately 4 hours) will prepare you to choose the most appropriate enriched air mix, identify that you’re using the appropriate gear, and plan appropriate dives using the recreational dive planner or dive computer. The course includes the enriched air crewpak for your home study. Please contact us if you would prefer the e-learning program. During our four-hour program, we will discuss enriched air practical application and safety. Additionally, we will complete a practical application session where you will learn tank safety, oxygen analyzing, and correct documentation procedures.
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the SCUBA WEST Team members.