The Fun Part
You can make a difference. Learn about some of the most pressing problems facing these vulnerable environments and the everyday actions you can take to help conserve them. It’s informative, interesting and most importantly, you learn how to make a difference.
What You Learn
Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy, and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
You learn about:
- The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
- Fisheries challenges and sustainability
- Coral environment overview and inhabitants
- The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environments
Visit Project AWARE Foundation to download your copy today. Otherwise, your learning materials and equipment are available by contacting SCUBA WEST.
Your Next Adventure
If you are interested in becoming an underwater conservationist, you’ll also enjoy these specialty courses:
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Underwater Naturalis
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Underwater Videographer
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the SCUBA WEST Team members.